MODIFIED VISITATION FOR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Updated May 26, 2022
The CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels, tool help communities and individuals decide which prevention steps to take based on the latest data.
Use of masks by visitors, artists, and staff in public areas of the Art Center is optional. Studios and Galleries at Torpedo Factory Art Center may require visitors to wear a mask in their leased premise. Please respect these requests as you encounter them.
The City will continue to monitor and follow health guidance and adjust policy as necessary. This is a fluid and ever-evolving situation and we are grateful to you for bearing with us. We will continue to post updates online as they happen.
Do not enter if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- In the past 48 hours have you had new* or worsening**
- Fever (100.0°F or higher), or sense of having a fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (within 6 feet for greater than or equal to 15 cumulative minutes within a 24-hour period) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
- Are you isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
* never had before; not attributable to another health condition
** worsening of an existing, known condition
Visit alexandriava.gov/coronavirus for more information.
Founded in 1974 in an old munitions plant, the Torpedo Factory Art Center is home to the largest number of publicly accessible working artist studios in the U.S. With three floors of working artists’ studios to explore, the Torpedo Factory Art Center seeks to foster connections between artists and the public that ignite the creative spirit.
The Torpedo Factory Art Center is also home to the Alexandria Archaeology Museum, located on the 3rd floor, and the The Art League Gallery and School on the 1st and 2nd.