The Alexandria Health Department recommends that all community members change their daily behavior to reduce risk from COVID-19, particularly to protect our most vulnerable populations.
Torpedo Factory Art Center is following guidelines from Virginia’s Safer at Home Guidelines for Phase III for all business sectors.
- Public hours are limited to 10 am – 6 pm, Wednesday – Sunday; closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required for admittance and for the duration of the visit.
- There is no occupancy limit, but physical distancing of six feet is required. Target Gallery continues to have an occupancy limit of 10 visitors at a time.
- Elevator capacity is limited to the spaces marked on the floor.
- Entrances and exits are limited to the sliding doors on Union Street and the Waterfront.
All in-person scheduled programs and private rentals at the Art Center have canceled or moved into an online format. Artists will still have working access to their studios and staff will continue to ensure the health and safety of our artists and the building.
This is a fluid and ever-evolving situation and we are grateful to you for bearing with us. We will continue to post updates online as they happen.
Visit alexandriava.gov/coronavirus for more information.
Torpedo Factory Art Center is open daily, 10 am – 6 pm, unless otherwise listed on this page. Please check the list for information about holiday and early closures.
WEATHER CLOSURES: The Torpedo Factory Art Center follows the weather closure schedule for the City of Alexandria government. For current information at any time, please check the top of their homepage at alexandriava.gov.