An Official Event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival
Celebrate the Cherry Blossoms during the height of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. After Saturday’s Cherry Blossom Parade in D.C., stop by the heart of Alexandria the next day to enjoy cherry blossom-themed activities and other events. Kick off the celebrations at noon with a live performance by taiko drum group Nen Daiko by the Waterfront entrance. Afterward, view cherry-blossom-inspired works of art throughout studios and galleries on all three floors. Enjoy music and live art demonstrations from participating TFAC artists.
Free, All Ages
Schedule of Activities
- 12 pm – Nen Daiko taiko drumming by the Waterfront entrance
- 2 pm – Pro Coro Alexandria performance in the North Hall
Hands-on Projects between 12 – 3 pm:
- Temporary Flower Blossom Tattoos with the Alexandria Archaeology Museum at the first floor pop-up exhibition space (Studio 9)
- Cherry Blossom Bunny mini-sculpture with Lisa Schumaier (Studio 16) and Tracie Griffith Tso (Studio 22) in the South Hall near the Green Torpedo
- Kumihimo Braiding with Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery (Studio 29)
- Painting with Nature with Saya Behnam (Studio 229)
- Cherry Blossom balloon painting with Guido Zanni (Studio 344)
- Cherry Blossom Hands-on Design Project provided by AIA Northern Virginia in the South Hall as a part of April’s Architecture Month.
In the Studios:
Visit various studios and galleries throughout all three floors to view The 2022 Cherry Blossom Exhibition. Resident artists showcase their floral and festive designs for visitors to enjoy all month long! On display from Saturday April 2 to Sunday May 1.