Enjoy an special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, and enjoy special programming. Stop by on your way to dinner and make an evening of it!
September: The Art of the Book
- Danielle Smith, the summer resident in the Post-Graduate Residency Studio, leads a writing workshop to engage people in painting, writing, and esteem development. Registration is encouraged.
- A selection of short films will be screening in the New Project Studio (Studio 8) as part of the ReelAbilities Film Festival. Author and journalist Glen Finland reads from her memoir, Next Stop, about raising a son with autism.
- In Studio 16, Lisa Schumaier hosts poet Sass Brown to read from USA-1000. The cover of her award-winning collection features Schumaier’s work.
- Visiting artist Hannah Nees (Studio 319) will lead a bookmaking activity on the 3rd floor with players from the forthcoming production of A Dream Within a Dream: Madness.
- In Studio 307, Alison Sigethy transforms her space into Edgar Allen Poe’s study for A Dream Within a Dream. Visitors are welcome to meet Poe and spend time with him among his books.
- Target Gallery celebrates the new exhibition, A (Mis)Perceived Physique: Bodyscapes by Three Women Artists, with a talk at 7 pm.
- The Art League hosts openings for Michael Fischerkeller: The Art of Politics and September’s Open Exhibit.
- Folk-rock band Hearts and Spades performs throughout the evening.