Volunteering at the Torpedo Factory Art Center is a wonderful way to become more involved in the arts community while serving as a vital resource for sustaining the Art Center’s day-to-day operations. Each year, volunteers of all ages bring their skills, perspectives, and talents to enhance the experience of visitors. Some volunteers maintain a regular schedule each week to work on ongoing projects, while others prefer helping out as needed with specific events or activities.
Through their efforts, the Torpedo Factory Art Center is able to provide exceptional programs and events that reach more than a half million visitors annually.
Our primary volunteer positions are:
- Special Events: Volunteers who love social interaction and flexible scheduling will enjoy helping at one of the many special events that take place during the year. Assist with hands-on art activities, greet visitors, bartending (age 21+), and more.
- Visitor Services: Visitor Services volunteers act as ambassadors for the Torpedo Factory Art Center at the information desk. This position is ideal for those available on a more regular basis. Their main responsibilities are to help welcome visitors, orient them in the building, lead tours, and share helpful information about the Torpedo Factory and Old Town Alexandria.
Here are a few reasons to volunteer:
- Learn or develop a new skill
- Boost your career options
- Engage with and learn from hundreds of professional artists
- Meet national and international visitors
- Community engagement opportunities
To Apply: Contact email@example.com for more information.
The Torpedo Factory is part of the City of Alexandria’s Office of the Arts, a division of the Department of Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities. Its mission is to foster connections among artists and the public that ignite the creative spirit. We provide dynamic interactions with the arts through our community of visual artists, exhibitions, and programs. We offer art up close, in person, and in progress.