The New Project Studio is a community-focused arts incubator that offers a short-term space to test new program ideas, spotlight underrepresented voices, and enhance community engagement. Projects will rotate on a regular basis and are considered based on the following guidelines:
- Support new creative collaborations with neighboring organizations and partners
- Strengthen the connection between our resident artists and the greater creative community
- Provide opportunities for new audiences to engage with our building and artists
- Inspire the next generation of artists, innovators, arts supporters, and diverse voices
- The Torpedo Factory Art Center will provide a minimally-furnished studio space of 292 square feet on the first floor.
- Studio space measures 13’ wide by 21’ 3” deep by 9’ 4” tall.
- The building is equipped with bathrooms and water fountains.
- Preference for applicants that are part of an organization or collective.
- Proposal goals must reflect and/or benefit the local community.
- Must be willing to provide workshops and commit to at least 25 public hours per week.
- 1-month residency minimum.
- Must be willing to cover own expenses, including supplies, travel fees, and studio rent.
Past resident projects include partnerships with AIA NoVA, WAAC, ReelAbilities, The Silent World, Materialized Magic, St. George Gallery, Merimart + The HRCHY, Mobile Art Lab, CRAVE, and the IMPart program.
Questions about submitting a proposal?
Contact Daniel Guzman, Programs Coordinator, at Daniel.Guzman@alexandriava.gov for more information.