In a new Target Gallery exhibition, 14 artists experiment with alternative applications of traditional photographic images through a variety of work in wood, glass, fabric, and other media.
The bulk of the work included in this exhibition does not consist of traditional prints. The photographs becomes the source material these artists use to create a physical object or a narrative space in an image for the viewer to explore.
Artists on view:
- Brian DeLevie, Denver, Colorado
- Kristin Furbeck, Hamilton, New Jersey
- Rachel Guardiola, Baltimore, Maryland
- Stephen Jensen, Antioch, Illinois
- Tasha Lewis, New York, New York
- Scott Ludwig, Boone, North Carolina
- Barbara Milot, Turners Falls, Massachusetts
- Jordie Oetken, Louisville, Kentucky
- Liesl Pfeffer, Brooklyn, New York
- Alessia Resta, New York, New York
- Rahshia Sawyer, Sterling, Virginia
- John Sousa, Springboro, Ohio
- Katie Waugh, Aurora, New York
- Adam Welch, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Thursday, November 13 • 6 – 8 pm
Gallery Talk with Juror Scott Hazard at 7 pm
Image Credit: Tasha Lewis, Venus. Mixed media paper sculpture covered in hand-sewn cyanotypes on fabric. 19″ x 20” x 11″.