On Alexandria’s most festive weekend of the year, the Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association invites you to the annual Holiday Festival. The Torpedo Factory will be the afternoon destination for visitors after the 47th Annual Scottish Christmas Walk Parade and before the 18th Annual Alexandria Holiday Boat Parade of Lights on the Potomac, which floats past the Torpedo Factory’s riverfront entrance.
The afternoon will also feature a children’s scavenger hunt, live music with the Alexandria Choral Society Pro Coro and Silver 5 Brass Quintet, and a visit from Santa. Several giveaways will occur during the festival, including coupons from a number of artists.
Visit studios and galleries to meet hundreds of artists and shop for handmade jewelry, ornaments, original ceramics, family portraits, couture fashions, and other original works of art.
Festivities run 2 – 6 pm, but the doors stay open until 9 pm to welcome visitors in from the waterfront.
Schedule of Events
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm Children’s art scavenger hunt
- 2:30 pm: Silver 5 Brass Quintet performance to welcome Santa
- 3 pm: Santa Claus arrives by City of Alexandria Fire Department Boat
- 4 pm: Alexandria Choral Society performance I
- 5:30 pm: Alexandria Choral Society performance II
- 9 pm: Doors close