Capital Area Photographers hosts its Second Annual Photo Competition and Critique. Photographers grow in their craft when they get open and honest feedback. Whether photographers win or not, most of them walk away with a new perspective on their work and a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.
The judge panel includes: Lisa Boggs, Jane Pilkerton, Kristi Odom, Steve Pilkerton and possibly a few more.
There are also prizes for the winners, contestants, and attendees:
- Susan Stripling: One-Year Membership to The Wedding School
- Blair DeLaubenfels: 60-Minute Website Review via Skype or Zoom
- Kristi Odom: 1-Hour Critique/Mentoring Session
- Steve and Jane: 2-Hour In-Studio Portfolio Review and Photography/Lighting Q&A
- Lisa Boggs: 1-Hour Critique/Mentoring Session
- Fundy T-Shirt and Notebook
- And more!
All genres of photography are encouraged! Photographers who have not submitted work are encouraged to come for the critique to learn a little bit about the process and walk away inspired!
- Deadline to submit images: March 22, 2019. Each contestant may submit as many as three images.
- Resize images to 1,200 px on the long edge.
- Images MUST be your own. If it was photographed by a second shooter or edited by someone other than you, it is inadmissible.
- NO watermarks or names on your images. The judging and critique will be anonymous.
- Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com.
- You do not have to be present at the meeting to submit photos, but those present will have the benefit of hearing their critique, as well as first choice of prizes. If you’re not present and your score is high enough, you get whatever is left, if there is anything.
About the Torpedo Factory Art Center’s Community Partnership Program
The Torpedo Factory Art Center regularly co-presents programs with outside groups to bring new artists, works, and disciplines to our visitors. Recent partnerships have included Eames Armstrong, Heloisa Escudero, ReelAbilities Film Festival, AIA Northern Virginia, USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore, Armed Services Arts Partnership, Jane Franklin Dance, Nomadic Jazz, DC Public Opera, Underground Kitchen, Alexandria Choral Society, and Alexandria Symphony Orchestra.