SITE TWO COMMUNITY GALLERY
Highlighting community-focused exhibitions from local partner organizations
The Site Two Community Gallery offers a compelling space for exhibitions by non-Art Center related organizations, artists, or curators, to help promote an outward looking Art Center with broad and deep connectivity to the community. Exhibits are mounted for a duration of two to three months four times a year, depending on demand.
The Site Two Community Gallery is the common space consisting of curved cinderblock walls on the second floor landing. The Art Center will provide administrative support. The exhibit space is a public area, and the Art Center cannot insure artwork on display. The space is most accommodating to 2D art however some 3D art may be accepted. A visit to the space is recommended before applying.
The goal of the Site Two Community Gallery is to:
- Highlight projects that focus on art as a tool to better the community and promote the core role of art in human wellness
- Partner and collaborate with external organizations or projects
- To support and allow for more outward looking, community engagement, with the Art Center
- To build inclusion and diversity in audience, artists, and art
- To support and allow for more external community engagement with the Art Center
Exhibitions will rotate on a 2 – 3 month basis. It is free to apply.
- Must be located within the Greater DC Region
- Must have a dedicated exhibition coordinator from the organization that will be the Art Center’s main point of contact and oversee the installation and a reception for the exhibition
- Must install all artwork and provide printed wall labels
- Must produce an exhibition reception at a time agreed upon with the Art Center
- Must understand that artwork exhibited shall not be insured or guaranteed protected by the City of Alexandria / Torpedo Factory Art Center
- Must be responsible for sales, however artwork does not need to be for sale
- Must help promote the exhibition
- Must sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the City of Alexandria/Torpedo Factory Art Center – See sample here
Needed to Apply
- An exhibition proposal that focuses on the betterment of the community through art and explains the art selection (curatorial) process
- A statement expressing the organizations (or personal) mission statement, history, and related art exhibition experience
- 2-5 examples of artwork to be displayed in the exhibition, high resolution images
- Additional public programing / educational opportunities to be offered
- A proposed exhibition title
- Statement on how artwork will be displayed (for example, framed or unframed)
- Requested exhibition dates
SITE THREE PROJECT GALLERY
Highlighting artists of the Torpedo Factory Art Center
The Torpedo Factory Art Center will energize the third floor by exhibiting its roster of artists (and tenant organization’s roster) in the Site Three Project Gallery.
Site Three Project Gallery is the common area space consisting of curved cinderblock walls on the third floor landing. The Art Center will provide administrative support and management to the Exhibiting Artist(s) with an Artist Lead and/or curator from the building.
The Site Three Project Gallery offers a compelling exhibition space for a duration of two to three months, depending on demand. The goal of Site Three Project Gallery is to give artists with a direct connection with the Art Center the opportunity to:
- Display a larger body of work
- Collaborate with other artists
- Curate eligible artist’s work
Exhibitions will rotate on a 2-3 month basis.
For more information on how to apply, please review Guidelines:Download Guidelines
For questions and to submit a proposal:
Currently accepting applications!