Reports provide updates on initiatives undertaken the past month to implement the Vibrancy Initiative and provide an immediate outlook on the upcoming month.
Monthly reports are a new initiative begun June 2022.
- Action Plan for Vibrancy & Sustainability at Torpedo Factory Art Center (Vibrancy Plan), by Chora & Smithgroup, approved by City Council on December 14, 2021. Core Strategic Directions (CSD):
- CSD #1: Re-establish the Art Center’s Identity for a 21st Century Audience.
- CSD #2: Curate the Building, with a Focus on the First Floor, for Improved Visitor Experience and Artist/Studio Program.
- CSD #3: Establish Policies and Procedures that Identify the Art Center as a High Performing Organization and Rebuild the Art Center’s Role as a Leader in the Country.
- Arts and Cultural Master Plan 2016 – 2026 (Arts and Culture Plan), by The Cultural Planning Group, approved by City Council on December 17, 2016. Primary Goals related to the Art Center:
- Goal 1: Achieve equity, inclusion and access for arts, cultural, and creative endeavors.
- Goal 2: Facilitate opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
- Goal 3: Support and foster a sustainable and diverse community of the arts.
- Goal 4: Be a convener and facilitator for artistic and cultural expression.
- Torpedo Factory Next Steps Memorandum, by Mayor Justin Wilson, December 13, 2021
REPORTS:August 2022 Report
July 2022 Report
June 2022 Report