The Post-Grad Residency is a competitive juried program that provides meaningful support and 3-6 month term solo studio space. This residency is open to recently-graduated students who earned a bachelor’s or master’s art degree from an accredited university. The program is unique for addressing the critical post-graduation juncture in an emerging artist’s career, offering an opportunity for professional development, and a chance to define their independent work process outside of the academic context. Submissions are open for both art school students in the region and nationwide, provided nationwide artists submit proof of their permanent residence in the area and/or commitment of contributing to the ongoing future of the DC/Maryland/Virginia arts scene.
Residents receive studio space and public presentation opportunities, including an artist talk and participation in a culminating curated exhibition in the Target Gallery, the contemporary exhibition space for the Torpedo Factory Art Center. Residents are active and equal participants in the Torpedo Factory’s unique creative community. Residents benefit from engagement with local, national, and international artists.
- Exclusive use of a 275 sq. ft. studio (Studio 12) on the first floor of the Torpedo Factory Art Center
- Access to local and regional professional resources
- Culminating artist talk at the end of the residency and group exhibition at the end of the year
- Opportunities for sale of work through the studio and culminating group show
- $500 stipend for supplies and other artist expenses
To view the current 2017 Post-Grad Residents, please visit the 2017 Post-Grad Info Page.