The Torpedo Factory Post-Graduate Residency is a competitive residency program that provides meaningful support to recent, promising MFA graduates for three months at a time in partnership with accredited MFA programs.
Submissions are open for both graduates in the region and nationwide, provided they submit proof of their permanent residence in the area and/or commitment of contributing to the DC/Maryland/Virginia arts scene.
- Support recent MFA graduates as they transition from art school into their professional careers
- Ensure that the Torpedo Factory Art Center is a supportive and vital creative home for emerging artists
- Deepen the connection of our resident artists to the regional and national creative community
- Provide opportunities for new graduates to develop markets for their work
- Exclusive three-month use of a 275 sq. ft. studio (Studio 12) on the first floor of the Torpedo Factory Art Center
- Access to local and regional professional resources
- Become part of the Torpedo Factory Alumni network
- Culminating artist talk at the end of the residency and group exhibition at the end of the year
- Opportunities for sale of work through the studio and culminating group show
- $500 stipend for supplies and other artist expenses
To view the current 2017 Post-Grad Residents, please visit the 2017 Post-Grad Info Page
Submissions for 2018 will open in June 2017 and close in September 2017. More information coming in the next few weeks.