“The Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association is a community of professional artists working in cooperation with the Torpedo Factory Art Center Board and the City of Alexandria to make this dynamic art center possible.”
Working artists + open studios
The Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association (TFAA), a community of more than 150 artists, is dedicated to creating and exhibiting their fine arts and fine crafts in open studio settings and galleries where the visiting public and the cultural community can meet, learn and interact in the promotion and appreciation of the visual arts.
1. Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association (TFAA) artists welcome visitors daily into our working studios, galleries, and workshops that feature a wide variety of media. We strive to make the Torpedo Factory Art Center a dynamic place to get to know the artists and their processes. Our work is included in some of the world’s most prestigious public, private, and corporate collections.
2. TFAA artists draw visitors from around the world who recognize the importance of the arts in broadening the understanding of culture and its diversity. We are a resource for adults and children who seek a greater understanding of how artists live and work.
3. TFAA attracts high caliber artists who benefit from being part of a vibrant artist’s community. The open studio setting encourages artist networking and visitor feedback.
4. TFAA develops our future leadership by encouraging participation at the committee level, in open forums, and through volunteer work for the Association. Teamwork and a sense of ownership strengthen the Association.
Opportunities for Artists
- All artists in the studios of the Torpedo Factory Art Center have been juried in by the TFAA. Learn more.
- During the summer months, the TFAA welcomes visiting artists for short-term residencies. It’s a wonderful professional development opportunity for emerging and experienced visual artists. Learn more.