Jul 15, 2018 – Feb 28, 2019 (7.5 months)
Open to all TFAA members (or artists who were selected by a TFAA jury process) or artists selected for the Post-Graduate studio at the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
Reason for process
Selection based on
- Ability to describe artwork
- Professional background and time spent at the Torpedo Factory Art Center
- Ability to work well in communal space
Application consisting of
- Short written statements:
- Process statement (less than 200 words)
- Artist statement (less than 200 words)
- Interest in studio statement (less than 200 words)
- Resume or CV
- Letter of recommendation describing ability to work well with others
Jessica Kallista is an artist, teacher, juror, curator, and gallery director/ founder of Olly Olly in Fairfax, VA. She has served as Business Representative on the City of Fairfax Commission on the Arts and has taught collage at the Corcoran School of Arts & Design GW and poetry at George Mason University.
Don Russell is the University Curator at George Mason University and Director of Provisions Research Center for Arts and Social Chang. He previously served as Executive Director of Washington Project for the Arts and had various leadership roles at Visual Studies Workshop.
Andrew D. Watson is the Fine Arts Instructional Specialist for Alexandria City Public Schools and recipient of the National Art Education Association 2015 Art Education Technology Outstanding Teacher award. He is a founding member of the Board of Directors for Innovation Collaborative and previously served on advisory boards to the National Art Honor Society, the Smithsonian Institute’s National Portrait Gallery, and the NoVa Maker Faire.