March150, Target Gallery’s annual special exhibition and art sale, returns with all proceeds going to support new exhibitions and programs at Target Gallery and Torpedo Factory Art Center.
Eligibility + Participation
Open to all! (provided the artwork submitted meets the guidelines). A $15 fee per panel guarantees entry into the exhibition. There is a limit of three entries per artist. Entry fee is non-refundable.
You may come in-person* to Target Gallery to purchase the art panels or you may call to purchase over the phone. Target Gallery will ship panels to you if that is preferred but artist are responsible for covering shipping costs. This must be arranged directly with the gallery staff.
The price for shipping:
Regular Box: $17 (fits one panel)
Large Box: $23 (fits up to three panels)
* Please check our Visit Us section for COVID-19 related parameters for in-person visits. Target Gallery is open in person on a reduced schedule of Wednesday – Sunday, 10am – 6pm.
How it Works
• All work must produced on the 10”x10” wood panels provided by the gallery. All panels must be picked up from the gallery; we will not ship panels. (Please note that we have a limited number of panels and they may sell out before Sunday, February 7)
• All artwork will be sold for $150. On the night of our virtual event, all attending guests will be able to buy work for $100.
Blank Panel Sales: Saturday, January 2 – Monday, February 7 (or until we sell out)
Ticket Sales for VIP Timed Tickets and Virtual Art Party: Available starting Saturday, February 12
Finished Artwork Due to the Gallery: Saturday, February 27 – Sunday, March 7
Exhibition Preview: Friday, March 12
VIP Timed Tickets: Saturday, March 13 (we will extend the time based on demand)
Featured Virtual Artist Talks: Dates TBA
Virtual Art Party (ticketed): Saturday, March 27, 7pm
Artwork Pick-Up: Monday, April 5 – Sunday, April 11
Please note we have no limitations on artwork style, theme, or medium except the following rules listed below. Any artwork that violates these rules will not be accepted into the exhibition.
1. All artwork must have an Artist Agreement filled out and attached to it upon drop-off. Agreements will be provided along with your receipt with the art panel purchase.
2. ONLY if you flip and create artwork in the back of the panel—you are required to install a sawtooth hanger yourself. The gallery will not install them for you as it will require us to nail into/drill into the piece and potentially damage the work. We encourage all those who invert their panel to install the hardware first. Any artwork without proper hardware will not be accepted (a requirement ONLY to those creating work on the back/inside of the panel).
3. All artwork must be hung/displayed as a square (no diamond oriented work please), all the artwork is hung on a grid, so it must be hung as square.
4. No artwork can protrude off any sides of the panel. Again, the exhibition is hung using a grid, so it needs to be able to fit without interfering with other pieces.
5. Artwork should not protrude more that 3 inches off the front of the panel (for sculptural/ mixed media) – it must be able to fit inside a large Priority mailbox (which is what we will use to ship the work upon it being sold). We will have a large Priority mailbox in the gallery to test the artwork to make sure it will fit. If it does not fit, with some wiggle room for padding, it will not be accepted into the exhibition.
6. No weapons or sharp objects (i.e. nails, sharp edge glass) can protrude from the piece.
7. The content of artwork should be appropriate for all ages, so please no graphic content.
Contact: Leslie Mounaime