Enjoy a special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, grab a bronut, and enjoy special programming.
This month we celebrate “The Shock of the New.” Visit new exhibitions in the Target Gallery, Art League Gallery, and Associate Gallery. Check out a Late Shift retrospective in the New Project Studio. Spend time with Lindsay Hall before her artist talk later this month. Take part in a DIY activity with the Artists Association. Live music provided by DJ VicoVibez. Wine, beer, and sweets provided by EatsPlace.
- 7:00 pm: Target Gallery – Studio 2
Reception: Culture Shock: 16 artists (8 from the DC area) explore socio-political issues through the lens of pop culture and street art. Juried by Mojdeh Rezaeipour, producer of The Moth’s D.C. StorySLAM and co-founder of Epicure Café.
- 7:30 pm: The Art League – Studio 21
Reception: “Mark”; M. Alexander Gray “Aqueduct: Stone Ruins in Maryland & Virginia”
- 6:30-8:00 pm: The Associate Gallery – Studio 311
Reception: Mary Beth Gaiarin & Erika Cleveland
- The New Project Studio – Studio 8
Opening: The Late Shift Lounge: A retrospective about this summer’s three late night events, featuring photos, videos, mermaids, skateboards, street art, and you. Explore, share, and contribute your thoughts!
- Post-Grad Residency – Studio 12
Meet the Artist: Lindsay Hall, the Summer 2017 Post-Grad Resident wraps up her final month at the Torpedo Factory. Stop by before her artist talk on Friday, Sept 22.
- Torpedo Factory Artists Association– 3rd floor landing
DIY Activity: Adult coloring panels. Visitors are invited to color a 4″ x 6″ panel and take it home ready to frame in a 5″ x 7″ matte with backing board and bag.
- Alexandria Archaeology Museum – Studio 327
On Display: see exciting new items on view from the historic Waterfront sunken ship!
- Live Music Set: Enjoy beats by DJ VicoVibez, the local affiliate DJ with D.C.-based Words Beats and Life Inc., official DJ for muralist duo MASPAZ and CHELOVE, and DJ for the D.C. to Standing Rock Movement.
Later This Month: Friday, September 22: Lindsay Hall Post-Graduate Talk, 7-9pm
Next Month: Thursday, October 12, “’Fall at the Factory”