Enjoy a special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, and enjoy special programming. Stop by on your way to dinner and make an evening of it!
In January, join us for Art + Inclusivity, in partnership with the Alexandria Human Rights Commission.
On November 29, 2016, the City of Alexandria formally adopted a statement on inclusiveness. Spend the evening with us as we celebrate the mosaic community that makes Alexandria great.
Target Gallery – Studio 2
- 7 pm: Arlington artist Lindsay Hall demonstrates her technique as part of Material as Medium, on view through Sunday, January 15.
The Art League – Studio 21
- 7:30 pm: Reception for Member 25 and Habits.
Art + Inclusivity – Main Hall
- Learn more about Alexandria’s commitment to a diverse and thriving community through programs and services offered by the Alexandria Office of Human Rights and the Human Rights Commission, and read the City of Alexandria’s statement on inclusiveness.
- 8 pm: Ethiopian artist Daniel Taye returns for an exhibition of his Alexandria series. (Site 2 is located in the 2nd floor hallway by the elevator.)
New Project Studio – Studio 8
- 6:30–8 pm: Due to popular demand, Connecting the Dots: The DMV is extended through January 31. Stop by to see works by 23 different emerging artists living in the DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia). The project serves an an incubator for local artisans, influencers, and creatives to network, create, brainstorm, and share ideas.
Post Graduate Studio – Studio 12
- 6–9 pm: Welcome new Post-Graduate Jay Hendrick as he begins his three-month residency at the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
First Floor – North Hall
- Fierce Sonia (Studio 5) leads visitors in creating a community statement collage that highlights the diverse and inclusive community of Alexandria. The finished work will be displayed in Site 3 for the month of January. (Site 3 is located in the 3rd floor hallway by the elevator.)
TAG – Studio 311
- The associate artists of the Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association host The Art Lounge in TAG, The Associates Gallery. Artists Naomi Christianson, Michael Fischerkeller, and Greenway to talk about professional and creative opportunities as associate members of the TFAA.
… and More!
Warm up with sweets and hot beverages from EatsPlace Cafe & Marketplace and enjoy music all evening.