Enjoy an special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, and enjoy special programming. Stop by on your way to dinner and make an evening of it!
Join us in November as we honor America’s veterans and those who have supported them over the generations.
Afterward, stop by the Potomac Riverfront to see El Galéon Andalucia, a replica of a 16th century Spanish Galleon that will be docked behind the Torpedo Factory for the weekend.
Honor Our Veterans
- Drinks in the Main Hall are provided by Vermilion Restaurant & Bar and Neighborhood Restaurant Group, in support of Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food & Agriculture’s Veteran Farmer Program. All proceeds and donations at the bar will go to benefit the program’s mission of training and equipping military veterans to meet the growing needs of our nation’s agriculture field.
- Main Hall: USO of Metropolitan Washington-Baltimore partners with the Torpedo Factory Art Center to feature a series of works in the main hall by USO’s vibrant community of veterans.
- Studio 8: In the New Project Studio, see ceramic and bladesmithing work created by injured military personnel as part of The Art League’s IMPart Program.
- Studio 12: Post-Graduate Resident Jihee Kang guides visitors to cut and color miniature fold-up Army hats.
- Studio 327: The Alexandria Archaeology Museum will have on view the list of men and women from Alexandria who served or supported the military during The Great War. Then, visitors can create WWI-style dog tags or a red poppy.
- 3rd Floor Landing: Create Navy-themed stitchings on recycled fabric with members of the Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association.
- Preview Andy Yoder’s Highest Honor project. Read about how he converted military hospital gowns into paper for this three-story banner, which celebrates the Torpedo Factory’s wartime legacy.
- Studio 2: Target Gallery hosts the exhibition for the 2016 Post-Graduate Residents and formally announces the names of the 2017 artists.
- 7 pm: Artist talk and presentation
- Studio 21: The Art League hosts openings for MiniMax, The Artistic Frame, and Soomin Ham: Sound of Butterfly.
- 7:30 pm: Gallery talk and awards
- Studio 325: Printmakers Inc. hosts an opening for MerCreatures and Fairy Tales.
- Sites 2 & 3: Students from Marsha Staiger’s abstract painting class are on view in Emerge.
- 6:30 pm: Artist talk and presentation
- 6 pm; 8:15 pm: The Improbables perform an eclectic selection of original songs and covers including folk, country, bluegrass, and pop.