Enjoy a special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, and enjoy special programming. Stop by on your way to dinner and make an evening of it!
In July, we partner with the Office of Historic Alexandria to celebrate “Red, White, and Blue.”
- Take part in our DIY activity with artist Andy Yoder as he constructs Highest Honor, a site-specific, suspended, 25-ft triangular banner for the Torpedo Factory Art Center, created from sheets of handmade paper and made in collaboration with military veterans, the Art League, and Torpedo Factory artists.
- Check out the Please Touch exhibit in Target Gallery before it closes, as well as opening receptions for Not a Box and Kathleen Best Gillmann: Vision at Water’s Edge in The Art League Gallery.
- Meet the new Post-Graduate resident Danielle Smith as she begins her three-month residency at the Torpedo Factory in the Post-Graduate Residency Studio (Studio 12).
- Hear about CRAVE, a community micro-granting initiative developed by the Torpedo Factory Art Center and the Convergence Arts Initiative, and experience The Silent World, a CRAVE-funded proposal and month-long interactive project in the New Projects Studio (Studio 8).
- Visit the Alexandria Archaeology Museum to enjoy a hands-on activity and hear updates on Alexandria’s recent discovery of a 300-year-old ship on the waterfront.
- Stop by Studio 306 for an open house celebrating James Dean and Kara Hammond’s Generations: Space History in Art. A special space-themed cocktail hour will be hosted in Alison Sigethy’s studio (Studio 307).
- Live music with jazz duo Entre Nous.
- Enjoy three floors of activities, open studios, refreshments, and more.